Chromium carbide dust is an organic material with a high melting temperature and good wear resistance.
Particle Size 2 Microns
Chromium Carbide Cr3C2 Powder:
It is very strong refractory clay material. It's a fine grey powder that is very similar to Tongbaishi, a natural mineral.
This material is resistant to corrosion and has excellent high-temperature oxide properties. Its thermal properties are comparable to steel. It's a great material choice for many commercial applications. You can make a variety of chromium carbide compounds, which each have slightly different properties and uses.
This is used for thermal spraying to protect the surface of the underlying metal and as an additon to wear-resistant and corrosion-resistant materials. Applications of Chromium carbide are especially effective in areas where there is sliding abrasion.
To receive the latest information, send us an inquiry
chromium carbide price
You can order Chromium Carbide Cr3C2 powder in bulk.
It is simple.
Chromium Carbide Cr3C2 Powder produced
The combination of aluminothermic and vacuum furnacing is required to make chromium carbide at temperatures up to 1500°C. After preparing the mixture of chromium metallic, chromium dioxide and carbon, it is loaded into a furnace. Temperature is increased to 1500°C by reducing the furnace's pressure. After the carbon reacts to the chromium dioxide, it forms carbon monoxide and chromium metal. These are then drawn out into vacuum pumps. This is then combined with remaining carbon to create the chromium carbid.
This determines which grade of chromium caride is made. It all depends on the balance between the chromium carbon, the chromium metal, and the chromium oxide. The product quality must be controlled rigorously to meet aerospace-quality standards.
Chromium Carbide Properties:
A gray powder containing 13.34% Carbon, Chromium carbide, which is insoluble in water and resists acidity, alkali, and phosphorous, has an orthorhombic crystal form. Chromium Carbide density ranges from 6.65 to 6.68 g/cm3, Chromium Carbide melting temperature 1890 degrees; boiling point 3800 degrees. The material has a high melting temperature and is highly resistant to corrosion, wear, and oxidation. It can be used in high temperatures between 1000-1100 degrees. You can use it as a thermal coating material to protect metal surfaces. It's also used often as a hard alloy. It is used in grain refiners as well as other components that are corrosion and wear-resistant. Chromium carbide-based Cemet exhibits excellent resistance to high temperatures and only slightly discolors after being heated at 982°C for 5 hours. 18-8 stainless-steel has been severely damaged. WC-6Co alloy was also affected.
Technical Parameters of Chromium Carbide Cre3C2 Powder
Chromium carbide Cr3C2 powder is used
High melting point, chrome carbide Cr3C2 dust is resistant to wear and corrosion. It also resists oxidation in high temperature environments. The powder is composed hard alloy particles of nickel-chromium alloy and uses a plasma spraying process. This allows for wear and high-temperature resistance.
1. It is widely used for aircraft engines, petrochemical machinery and equipment. This can significantly increase the machine's service life. You can also use it as a grain refiner to produce cemented caride and other wear-resistant, corrosion-resistant components. The high oxidation resistance of ceramics made with Cr3C2 is impressive at high temperatures.
2. It is used for chrome carbide ceramics. It is used to melt-spray a thin layer of chromium on metals and ceramics. To increase machinery life, it is widely used in aircraft engines as well as petrochemical machinery. This is used to spray semiconductor films.
3. Used to protect metal surfaces.
4. Use additives to make wear-resistant, corrosion-resistant materials
5. Chromium-carbide coating: Used as a protective coating on seals, bearings and valve seals. A wear-resistant and cost-effective option, the Chromium Carbide Overlay greatly increases equipment's lifespan.
6. It is the microcrystalline component of cemented carides such as vanadium carbonide that can be used to prevent the formation of sub-micron grains in pressing and sintering.
Chromium Cr3C2 powder storage condition :
Chromium carbide Cr3C2 Puffer should be kept in a dry, cool, and sealed environment.
Shipping and Packaging of Chromium Carbide Cr3C2 powder :
You can pack it in two plastic bags with the inside.
Chromium carbide Cr3C2 Powder packaging: Vacuum packing 100g, 500g and 1kg/bag at 25kg/barrel. Or as you request.
Chromium carbide Cr3C2 Puffer shipping: could ship out by sea or by air as soon as payment receipt is received.
Pspault advanced material Nano Technology Co. Ltd., (Pspvault), is a trusted supplier and manufacturer with more than 12-years of experience in super high-quality chemicals & Nanomaterials. This includes boride powders, nitride, graphite, sulfide powders, 3D printing powders, and others.
Send an inquiry if you need Chromium Carbide C3C2 powder. (email@example.com)